[ home / overboard ] [ soy / qa / raid / r ] [ int / pol ] [ a / an / asp / biz / mtv / r9k / tech / v / sude / x ] [ q / news / chive / rules / pass / bans / status ] [ wiki ]

A banner for soyjak.party

/soy/ - Soyjaks

The Serious Boardโ„ข for feedback, suggestions, and metawhining
Catalog
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Password (For file deletion.)

File: images (9).jfif ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (43.13 KB, 516x387) ImgOps

 โ„–17222644[Quote]

State Highway 67 (SH 67) is a 71-mile-long (114 km) state highway encompassing five distinct segments in south-central Colorado. SH 67's southern terminus is at SH 96 in Wetmore, and the northern terminus is at U.S. Route 85 (US 85) in Sedalia. It traverses the former route of the Florence and Cripple Creek Railroad through Phantom Canyon as a county road and carrying part of the Gold Belt Byway.

SH 67 forms the eastern border of the Mueller State Park near Divide.

 โ„–17222646[Quote]

SNCA

 โ„–17222657[Quote]

SECA

 โ„–17222658[Quote]

File: Little_Ike_Tunnel,_south_pโ€ฆ.jpg ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (579.61 KB, 960x1280) ImgOps

SH 67 begins at its southern terminus with State Highway 96 in Wetmore, Colorado. It proceeds north into Fremont County and the city of Florence, where it is signed as Robinson Avenue to State Highway 115 (Main Street) and overlaps the highway for half a mile west before turning north again, signed as Pikes Peak Avenue. The highway crosses the Arkansas River on its way out of the city and continues northward to a junction with U.S Route 50 adjacent to Fremont County Airport. The state portion of the highway ends at U.S. Highway 50 and becomes the county-maintained Phantom Canyon Road (CR 67 in Fremont County), carrying the Gold Belt Byway through Phantom Canyon.

 โ„–17222668[Quote]

67 ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ

 โ„–17222669[Quote]

File: 1782861734176g.png ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (59 KB, 1080x604) ImgOps

>State Highway 67 (SH 67) is a 71-mile-long (114 km) state highway encompassing five distinct segments in south-central Colorado. SH 67's southern terminus is at SH 96 in Wetmore, and the northern terminus is at U.S. Route 85 (US 85) in Sedalia. It traverses the former route of the Florence and Cripple Creek Railroad through Phantom Canyon as a county road and carrying part of the Gold Belt Byway.
>
>SH 67 forms the eastern border of the Mueller State Park near Divide.
>SH 67 begins at its southern terminus with State Highway 96 in Wetmore, Colorado. It proceeds north into Fremont County and the city of Florence, where it is signed as Robinson Avenue to State Highway 115 (Main Street) and overlaps the highway for half a mile west before turning north again, signed as Pikes Peak Avenue. The highway crosses the Arkansas River on its way out of the city and continues northward to a junction with U.S Route 50 adjacent to Fremont County Airport. The state portion of the highway ends at U.S. Highway 50 and becomes the county-maintained Phantom Canyon Road (CR 67 in Fremont County), carrying the Gold Belt Byway through Phantom Canyon.

 โ„–17222691[Quote]

File: col-cripplecreek 102 (425xโ€ฆ.jpg ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (177.76 KB, 425x640) ImgOps

The state highway resumes in Victor, turning west and north before heading into Cripple Creek. The road turns east for a few miles before resuming its northward path, acting as the eastern border of Mueller State Park for several miles before reaching a junction with U.S. Highway 24 in Divide. Again the state portion of the highway ends to overlap U.S. Highway 24 for seven miles (11 km) east into Woodland Park, splitting off the concurrent road to turn north once again. Continuing to the north-northwest, the road enters the Pike National Forest, passing turnoffs for Red Rock Campground and the Manitou Park Recreation Area's Colorado Campground and Painted Rocks Campground before turning west and entering Douglas County, where it promptly heads into Westcreek and turns north until it reaches a junction with North Rainbow Falls Road and turns to the northwest.

In Deckers, the state portion of the road again ends to overlap County Road 126 and heads to the north-northeast signed as South Platte Canyon Road. The route takes an abrupt turn east signed as Sugar Creek Road, rejoining the larger road it split after turning north and the larger road has taken on the name Pine Creek Road. The route turns east and changes name again to Jarre Canyon Road, resume state highway status at its intersection with Rampart Range Road southwest of Sedalia.

The route leaves Pike National Forest a few miles east of resuming state highway status and continues northeast with increasing intersections as it approaches Sedalia. After crossing State Highway 105 (Perry Park Road), the route turns north and is named Manhart Street for a few blocks before reaching its northern terminus at U.S. Highway 85.

 โ„–17222715[Quote]

File: images (10).jfif ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (32.71 KB, 678x452) ImgOps

SH 67 is an original 1920s state highway and was originally an unbroken route.

In 1994, the route was rerouted around the Little Ike Tunnel near Cripple Creek, altering the location of the Horsethief Park Trail trailhead to the east side of the tunnel.

The Cripple Creek and Victor Gold Mining Company funded the realignment of nearly two miles of Highway 67 and built the highest bridge on the Colorado State Highway system, the Arequa Gulch Bridge, as part of its Cresson Mine expansion in 2001.

In July 2006, a flood on West Creek washed out the highway north of the town of Westcreek, closing the highway between Westcreek and Deckers to two-way traffic until reconstruction was completed. The closed segment reopened on October 27, 2006.[2]

 โ„–17222736[Quote]

This is so heccin liminal.

 โ„–17222748[Quote]

File: B596343F-1111-4DB5-A6F8-9โ€ฆ.webp ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (1.23 MB, 1406x2500) ImgOps

The Gold Camp Road Tunnels were constructed during the 1800s to help support the ongoing Pikeโ€™s Peak Gold Rush. Connecting Cripple Creek and Colorado Springs, a railway was laid down on the route that is now Gold Camp Road. Known as the โ€œShort Line,โ€ train service began in 1901, with 200 freight cars used to haul minerals, supplies, and people throughout the area.

 โ„–17222778[Quote]

File: gold-camp-road-tunnel-1985โ€ฆ.jpg ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (184.35 KB, 1152x1536) ImgOps

In 1922, the Short Line railroad was sold at auction and converted into the Corley Mountain Highway. Opening in 1924, the toll road allowed passenger cars to drive through the tunnels that had been originally carved for the railroad. On May 6, 1939, the route became a free public road and remained open to vehicular travel until 1988 when a portion of tunnel #3 collapsed in on itself.

 โ„–17222784[Quote]

Seca

 โ„–17222794[Quote]

File: images (3).jpeg ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (24.51 KB, 500x420) ImgOps


 โ„–17222822[Quote]

File: 1200_05c_goldcamproad.webp ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (62.01 KB, 1000x600) ImgOps

The supposed haunting of the Gold Camp Road Tunnels has beckoned the curious to investigate for decades, with many urban myths surrounding the โ€œabandonedโ€ looking tunnels. Perhaps the best-known myth about the area relates to the 1988 tunnel collapse and claims that a bus full of school children became stuck and killed during the accident.

While there is no record of such an incident occurring, some visitors of the Gold Camp Road Tunnels have claimed to have left the area with tiny handprints on their cars from the spirits of the deceased. Other hikers and mountain bikers have even claimed to frequently hear children laughing, playing, or even screaming within the tunnels.

Whether or not the bus crash really happened, the area has seen its fair share of death with numerous fatal car accidents and workers reported to have been killed during tunnel construction. And while the unlit passageways can be a bit eerie for anyone uncomfortable traveling through caves, visitors have also reported sightings of cloaked devil-worshipers and spectres when visiting the tunnels.

 โ„–17222848[Quote]

File: images (1) (10).jpeg ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (46.32 KB, 516x387) ImgOps

Redmond Municipal Airport (KRDM)
KRDM 181256Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR 12/06 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP182

 โ„–17222894[Quote]

File: IMRP_MainPageClosure_1.jfif ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (72.73 KB, 450x337) ImgOps

The CGS completed an inventory of environmental degradation associated with abandoned and inactive mines on National Forest System lands in Colorado during the years 1991 through 1999. In the course of the Abandoned Mine Land Inventory (AMLI) project, areas with natural acid rock drainage were also noted. Approximately 18,000 abandoned mine-related features were inventoried, including about 900 features that are considered significant enough environmental problems to warrant further investigation. Water quality data, such as pH and conductivity were gathered at all features where water was present, such as draining adits, seepage at the toe of dumps and tailings, and standing water in shafts. Water samples were taken where field tests indicated low pH and/or high conductivity, including several areas with natural acid rock drainage. Samples were analyzed for dissolved and total metals, and for selected anions. All mine locations and data collected by the field geologists were entered on field forms and, subsequently, into a computer database and GIS format.

 โ„–17222945[Quote]

File: download.jfif ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (346.68 KB, 1280x720) ImgOps

With the information provided by the inventory, the U.S. Forest Service (opens in a new window) (USFS), in cooperation with other agencies, has been able to prioritize abandoned mines for reclamation. In most cases, cleanup is approached on a watershed basis. Mines in priority watersheds were selected for reclamation first. Watershed studies and mine cleanup are taking place or have been completed in the upper Animas River, Willow Creek (tributary to the upper Rio Grande), Chalk Creek (tributary to the upper Arkansas River), the upper Snake River, the Uncompahgre River, the Alamosa River, and additional Colorado watersheds. During the inventory, evidence of natural water quality degradation was found in areas where little or no evidence of mining activity exists. These areas include the upper Alamosa River, the Middle Fork of Mineral Creek, Peekaboo Gulch, Handcart Gulch, and elsewhere. Water from natural sources has been found to exceed Colorado water quality standards significantly for several metals in these areas and must be considered in reclamation decisions and remedial activities.

 โ„–17223078[Quote]

File: images (11).jfif ๐Ÿ“ฅ๏ธŽ (70.1 KB, 640x480) ImgOps

Named for water pioneer Walter S. Cheesman, the dam was once the worldโ€™s tallest dam, rising 221 feet above the streambed when it was completed in 1905. The reservoir and related facilities were purchased in November 1918 by the Denver Water Board. Cheesman was the first reservoir of Denver's mountain storage facilities and has been designated a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark.

 โ„–17223773[Quote]

wihwiwi

 โ„–17223776[Quote]

wihwiwiwenb

 โ„–17223794[Quote]

67?



[Return][Catalog][Go to top][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ home / overboard ] [ soy / qa / raid / r ] [ int / pol ] [ a / an / asp / biz / mtv / r9k / tech / v / sude / x ] [ q / news / chive / rules / pass / bans / status ] [ wiki ]